- The peer review we do in class is effective in that we get both thoughts and opinions from other class mates. It gives us a chance to get other points of view and ideas from other minds. This peer review was even more helpful because we got a chance to get ideas from other people and get peer reviewed. The only way I think it can be improved is by either getting more time or getting a peer review from the head hancho aka ms spencer.
- I think my strengths at being a peer reviewer is that I always make sure the intro paragraph is never to long and properly sums it up. This way whoever papers I'm reviewing at least always has a good intro. Im also good at helping to reword someones sentence that might sound a little confusing to make it flow better. My weakness on the other hand is that I am too nice to have too much criticism for their paper. Even is the paper is HORRIBLE ill find something to compliment it on.
- My ideal peer review process would be something like this
1. Have two students review and mark on the paper different error such as grammar, wordy-ness, weak points, etc and then add their thoughts.
2. After taking it home and correcting your paper based off your peers corrections, have the teacher peer review it.
3. Finally, take it home, make all the final corrections, and turn it in.
Doing peer review in earlier stages of the writing process would not help me. It would make it more confusing.
Smaller groups are always more helpful because there is more focus on your paper specifically.
Finally, I believe we should have 2 days for peer review. Enough for both students and teacher to review it.
No comments:
Post a Comment