EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!
The thesis I argued was, " I believe its more beneficial to take an extra year off after high school to help financially, in planning a future, and receiving time to catch up on life."
- My think my most compelling evidence is when I bring up how even well respected schools such as Princeton provide a program named, "bridge year" encouraging a gap year after high school. This is strong evidence because my argument is being backed up by a much respected ivy league college who is actually encouraging the same thing I'm arguing. If you're a parent and you see this evidence, what more do you need to see to change your mind? I use this evidence when presenting the counter argument that you might fall behind if you take a gap year. I would include this towards the end of the paper to leave the reader with that thought.
- My weakest evidence is when I argue working a hard labor job provides the experience most students should go through to realize how important a college degree is. Im trying to say that by having the experience of a manuel labor job will teach kids to not want to do that for the rest of their life. But not all jobs are hard labor. And what if the job they find ends up being a good job? To strengthen my argument I might add that MOST jobs would be hard labor to let the audience know I consider all sides of the argument.
No comments:
Post a Comment