- I tend to be to wordy when unneeded
I find that in a lot of my writing, I seem to use a lot of unneeded words to create more emphasis. Instead of creating more emphasis it usually just makes it too wordy and unclear. I need to work on being more concise to make the writing more cut and clear to the writer. It really isn't that hard i just have to work on breaking the habit of using extra words. For example, "somewhat down to earth" could be shortened to, down to earth."
- I tend to be a little sloppy with organization
A lot of my writing could definitely use better organization. When my papers don't go in chronological order it makes the writing confusing and hard to read. I have already begun to improve in this area and I can continue to improve by doing an outline of each paper before i begin to write. This way I already have my ideas down on paper and it'll be clearly organized.
- I tend to use "you" and "I" in my writing a lot when not appropriate
I find myself using second person "you" when I should not be. I also use "I" when I shouldn't be. When using "you" durning an inappropriate time it makes my writing look less intelligent. It's just natural to me and is another habit I have to work on breaking. Instead of saying, "a gap year has more positives then YOU may thing." I can say, " a gap year has more positives then the average person may think."
No comments:
Post a Comment