Writing is a vital aspect in life, we use it all the time. Whether it's to express your emotions in a self diary, for a hobby, and even for communication. Writing exercises your brain and lets you express yourself in a different kind of way. HOWEVER.... writing is NOT for everyone, and I seem to be one of those everyone. It seems every time i try and get in the writing mood, something is pulling me away from it. Writers block has my number if you know what i mean. I can't write a single paper without experiencing it. I might be on a roll for a good amount of time but then BOOM.. I sit and stare at the screen with complete emptiness. I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten it just writing in this blog.
That leads me to explain exactly why I took this class. As you can probably tell by now it wasn't exactly because i enjoy writing or because it enables me to express myself or because my brain runs free in an empty field of pretty flowers and colorful butterflies.... No, to simply put it i took this class because I had to. As a required course I didn't have much of an option. So I won't lie to myself or others and say this is going to be my favorite class, however I DO understand the importance. I also do fully understand why NEIU would require this to be taken.
Everything you do in life seems to require some sort of writing. School applications, tests, job resumes, communication...you name it, you're writing. Requiring writing 101 is more then fair and what you learn from it is more then useful. I myself would like to get as much as I can out of this class. The first step is actually learning how to write, but after that I want to excel in writing. Meaning I want to be able to easily write any type of essay. Whether it's a narrative, persuasive, or procedural piece of work. I want to get rid of the constant writers block I experience. I would also like to leave this class with a different view towards writing. When I receive writing assignments now, I DREAD them. I look at it as a chore, and I hate that I feel that way about it. More then just how I look at writing i hope to excel in my writing skills. I want writing to be my strong suit in life. So much so i could rely on my writing skills to exceed in either school or in my workplace depending what i choose to do in life. I want to be able to be able to smoothly write out what I'm thinking in my head without it sounding too choppy or repetitive. I want to be able to clearly communicate my thoughts in the proper manner. Too simply put it, I want to learn HOW to write!
Hopefully writing 101 can do that for me.
YOURS TRULY!

You are certainly not alone in your dread of writing. Try to keep in mind the idea of "shitty first drafts" and try to just get something down on the page.
ReplyDelete