Friday, September 9, 2011

Potential Topics

The first topic I might write about for my literacy narrative is my experience writing my senior paper. My senior paper was on Biggie Smalls and how his album 'Ready to Die' was a piece of art. Since it was required to be at least 8 pages, this was the first "long" paper I had to write. My teacher gave many great tips and taught me the many topics I should touch on when writing about a single character. 
      A pro about this topic is that it was fairly recent so the ideas I do have to write about are fresh in my mind. A con however is that I feel as if I might get repetitive if this is my topic. I might not have enough ideas to write about.


My other idea for the literacy narrative would date back to 8th grade. I believe we were required to write a 4-5 page narrative story of a time someone has helped you get through something in life. For the life of me I just couldn't think of a good topic. So what did i do? Well... I made one up. Funny I know. At the time is seemed like a great idea..how hard could it be? Until i actually tried writing it and would repeat myself every other sentence. Im not sure how my teacher couldn't tell it was all a lie.
      A pro about this topic would be that it could make a great story. However a con would be that since it was in 8th grade I might now be sharp with all my details.


I couldn't even give a good 3rd topic. There would be no point because I could honestly say I have no other topics worthy enough for a narrative story.





No comments:

Post a Comment